2 Timothy 2:2
"Teach these great truths to trustworthy men who will, in turn, pass them on to others."
The church in Mozambique is growing rapidly. New churches are forming weekly! Because of this rapid growth, the Church in Mozambique is in great need of trained leaders. The director of the largest ministry in Mozambique recently described their pastors as “barely aware of Christian doctrine” and “confused about so much.” But he also wrote that these same men were “eager to learn” and “couldn’t get enough.” Story after story is told of new Christians who earnestly desire more - a church, a pastor, Bible studies, and someone to teach them. It is our desire to train local pastors so that these men who are gifted and called by the Lord can be equipped to teach God’s Word to the people of Mozambique. We have been invited to help train Mozambican pastors. This will include;
- Teaching extensive Bible school classes
- Going out into the villages and holding week-long seminars in Inductive Bible Study for pastors who are not able to come to one of the several Bible schools.
- Providing audio and written materials so pastors can learn via our Theological Education by Extension program
- Reproducing ourselves by training current and future missionaries in culture and language learning.
"Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
We are also committed to helping the most needed in Mozambique. We have several programs to help the physically handicapped, widows and the orphans of Mozambique. These programs include
- Food distribution program
- Building new homes
- Providing school uniforms and materials
- Putting on new roofs
- And Medical outreach